Valuing Food and Food Safety video series: Event Highlights
Valuing Food and Food Safety video series
WRAP ran an awareness session for food safety professionals in May 2018 to introduce the tried and tested ‘Your Business is Food, don’t throw it away’ resources which help food businesses reduce the amount of food they throw away, thereby saving money and boosting profits.
- Nearly 75% of all food that is thrown out by the UK’s Hospitality and Food Service Sector is food that could have been eaten.
- The value of this food waste costs the sector £2.9 billion per year.
- Average saving of £10,000 per outlet from identifying where food is wasted and implementing low or no cost measures.
Industry experts and guests shared the benefits and practicalities of ‘Your Business is Food, don’t throw it away’ from an environmental health practitioner’s perspective, demonstrating how food waste prevention measures can be combined with food safety messages.
This video features highlights from each of the speakers at the event and some snapshots from participants. Featured speakers include:
- Tony Lewis, Head of Policy, CIEH
- Catherine Hallissey, Environmental Health Officer, Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Eleanor Morris, HaFS Advisor, WRAP
Contact name: Eleanor Morris
Contact email: resources@TRiFOCAL.EU.com
To view attached files, please login.
To view attached Videos, please login.
Start sharing your knowledge!
Upload your own resource and share your ideas with the rest of the TRiFOCAL community.Sign In